Do you have questions about your Tennessee CLE requirement? Do you need to know how to report your Tennessee CLE compliance – or how many ethics and professionalism (E/P) credits you need each annual compliance period? Do you need to know how many online TN CLE courses you can take you can take each year?
Tennessee CLE Compliance & Reporting Requirements
- Reporting Cycle: Annual
- Compliance Deadline: December 31
- Reporting Deadline: March 1
Well, we have created a TN CLE FAQ to answer all your pressing Tennessee CLE questions. Now you can easily find the answers that you need to all of your TN CLE questions without having to search all around the Web. We have listed everything from the amount of credit you are allowed to carry over to what happens if you are in non-compliance with your TN CLE requirement!
Top Tennessee CLE Questions
What are the mandatory CLE requirements in Tennessee?
- Tennessee attorneys must complete at minimum of 15 TN CLE credit hours each annual TN CLE compliance period – including 3 hours of Ethics/Professionalism (E/P).
How many online Tennessee CLE courses can I take through Attorney Credits?
- Attorneys admitted to the Tennessee Bar Association are allowed complete a maximum of eight (8) TN CLE credit hours through on-demand online TN CLE courses each annual TN compliance period.
When must I complete and report my TN CLE?
- All TN CLE credit hours must be completed by December 31. TN CLE compliance must be reported no later than March 1.
Does the Tennessee Bar Association keep a record of my completed CLE activities?
- Yes. On or before January 31 of each year, the TN CLE Commission will prepare and mail an Annual Report Statement (ARS) to each Tennessee attorney. The ARS will list information regarding TN CLE completed in the preceding calendar year.
How do I report my Tennessee CLE compliance?
- The TN CLE Commission will mail an Annual Report Statement (ARS) to each Tennessee attorney. The ARS will request information regarding your completion of TN CLE in the preceding TN CLE compliance year. By March 1, Tennessee attorneys must complete the ARS. The completed ARS will disclose all TN CLE hours earned during the preceding TN CLE compliance year. Tennessee attorneys whose ARS is in compliance with the Tennessee CLE Rules (and whose fees have been paid) are exempt from delivering the ARS to the Tennessee CLE Commission.
Who can I contact for more information about TN CLE?
- For more information about CLE in Tennessee, please call the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization at (615) 741 – 3096. You may also contact Attorney Credits support via email or telephone. For further assistance and information, please call our Support Center at 877-910-MCLE (6253) or visit the support page on the website.
We hope that this saves you time and keeps you compliant with your TN CLE requirement. If you have further questions, you can visit our full Tennessee CLE FAQ. And if you need to complete your TN CLE requirement, please visit our TN CLE webpage: TN CLE.